Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 DAY CHALLENGE: DAY 23, INSPIRED BY A MOVIE

Hello! To whoever is there :P Sometimes I feel like I'm writing to people who are not there...but I'm sure that will change at some point, I know my blog is still farely new. Anywho, I am so excited about today's design!! At first it was really hard for me to think of a movie. I was racking my brains all morning trying to figure out what movie I wanted to portray. I thought of alot and started on some, but had no luck. So I put my stuff down for a few hours to relax and give my mind some time to think. I think that did the trick :P Here's what I came up with:


Monster's Inc.!! What do you think about this!? I am super excited about how they turned out! The thumb is actually my favorite for some reason :) I just like the way it turned out.


I came up with the idea to do Monster's Inc. when I was googling Disney Movies. I came across this one and thought it was perfect because my boyfriend and I love this show! I'm kind of sad I don't own it...but I think now I will have to buy it.


I took this picture up close so you could see all of the details a little bit better. I know it doesn't really show in this picture but I added the little snake heads to Celia's hair and I think it turned out so cute! I wasn't sure how to do Sully but I figured since he's so big that just a patch of his fur would work ;)


I used ALOT of colors for this design so I will just name them all...Sinful Colors, Snow Me WhiteExotic Green, L.A. Colors (Un-named purple), Orly, Grave Mistake, China Glaze, Liquid LeatherStreet ChicRich and FamousFrostbitePassionGaga For GreenFlyin' High and Concrete Catwalk. I also used my white, black and purple Striper Polishes.


I'm glad I decided to go for this movie instead of my previous ideas. I wanted to do Tangled and print off some nail decals with my printer, but to make the pictures small enough to fit my nails just made the picture look blurred. So, I free-handed this design not only using alot of my colors but also my dotting tools and nail brushes. I did mess up a few times, which is ok. I'm actually glad I did because I would not have ended up with this look if I didn't mess up. At first I was going to do Boo's door instead of Celia, but I couldn't quite get it to look right, so I decided to scratch that idea and do another character...so Celia won :P


Please feel free to comment and tell me if you like these or not :) I would love some feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment