Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Friday, January 25, 2013

SUMMER GRADIENT WITH STAMP

As stated in my previous post I have a fun summery nail design to share with you guys :) and I think you are going to love it!


The other day I decided that I am ready for summer. I'm getting sick of the cold! :P I am a summer baby lol. So to make me feel like summer is coming I decided to use fun, bright colors! I originally wanted to re-create a manicure that Sarah from Chalkboard Nails had recently done...I still might eventually, I just need to get more comfortable with sponging first. But instead of doing that design this time I decided to use these three colors and try to make it look like a sunset. I really wanted to stamp or paint a palm tree over top of the gradient but I don't have a palm tree stamp (yet), and I wasn't really in the mood at the time of painting my nails to paint a palm tree on each nail. So I found a fun stamp and went with it :)


I started this design by painting one coat of Sinful Colors, Snow Me White over my entire nail. Then using a sponge and O.P.I., Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear?, plus China Glaze, Happy Go Lucky and Rich & Famous I created this bright sunset gradient. I haven't done a whole lot of sponging, so even though the few sponging designs I have done have turned out pretty well, I still don't feel quite comfortable with the technique yet. Every time I have done sponging it takes me quite awhile because I mess up and have to restart alot. So if anyone has any tips that would help, please leave a comment below. I would really appreciate it :)

Once I finished sponging I used a top coat of Seche Vite to help the polish dry fast, and then finished  the design with Cheeky Plate, CH12 and China Glaze, Liquid Leather


1 comment:

  1. Thenailsasaurus has a great tutorial on gradients on her blog. It helped me tremendously. Your designs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete