Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Thursday, February 21, 2013

CHINA GLAZE & ONE STROKE

Do you love China Glaze polish? Because I don't know if I've told you or not, but my favorite brand of nail polish is China Glaze :) And I just recently bought some beautiful colors! I haven't been able to do any swatches of them yet, but that will be coming soon.

Lately I have been extremely attracted to blue polish! I think I have 6 new blue ones :S lol...wow! That happened in about a week :P My last few trips to the store I have brought back 16 polishes! (More on that later!) So because of how much I love these colors I had to try some of them out as soon as I could.




I think this design turned out a little bit messy, but I did get alot of compliments on it...so my 'perfectionist-self' had to take a back seat for the day and I decided to take some pictures. The color I chose was China Glaze, Sky High-Top and I had also bought new paint brushes and acrylic paint and wanted to try doing the One stroke design, after watching a video on YouTube. And...I will be the first one to tell you that it is not as easy as it looks! lol I need some more practice, but I will say that it is a very fun technique if you have the patience for it. So after it not quite turning out the way I was hoping, I ended up doing something a little different. I added the dots with my dotting tool and then tried to make a fun swirl design in the empty areas with black acrylic paint.





I loved this design! I didn't even have it on for a day and it chipped and one of my nails broke when I was at work :( I'm just glad I was able to get some pictures before that happened. I used Orly, Snowcone and China Glaze, Man Hunt and a stamp from my new Jumbo plates by Cheeky. When I first got the plates I was so excited! But they are so big that for awhile it was almost intimidating to try to use them. Now, I have long nail beds and some of the stamps I have don't fit on my entire nail, so big plates seemed to be exactly what I was looking for, but man I so wasn't expecting how big these ones are! So this is my second attempt at using them and I absolutely love it! Both times I have used my Jumbo plates I have used plate E...I have plate A, but that one is still a little to much lol! I'll figure it out though.


No comments:

Post a Comment