Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Friday, January 24, 2014

ZOYA PIXIEDUST & WATER DECALS

Hello again! :) I hope you guys checked out my last post (if not you can see it here). I posted all of the designs I did on my family while I was visiting them in Texas. This post is all the designs I did on myself while I was there.

(Just a heads-up, the lighting isn't great because I normally take my pics in a light box and obviously I didn't have that when I was there. I apologize in advance).


So…I went a little polish crazy when I was shopping in Texas :P And over the next 1-2 weeks I will be swatching ALL of the new polishes to show you guys. I bought this O.P.I., which is I Snow You Love Me because it is GORGEOUS!! And I don't have any big glitter polishes…and the best part is it was on sale! The base color is another one that was on sale and I have wanted it for along time; China Glaze, Take a Trek. It's one of the China Glaze Holographic polishes. I will be doing a separate swatch of this soon if you would like to see it :) 



After doing my sister's nails with cheetah print and one of the PixieDust polishes I had to do it on myself. I have had one other Zoya PixieDust before this trip (Beatrix) and when I found these on sale at Ulta I about had a panic attack! Hahaha! I really wanted to do a design with both Carter and Sunshine and I absolutely love the way this turned out! It was one of those designs that was inspired by the colors and as soon as I decided to use them both I knew what I was going to do.


This one I have to give you another heads-up on…my clean up brush does really well in acetone but I didn't bring it (because I couldn't take it on the plane), so I used my mom's regular non-acetone polish remover and for some reason my clean up brush doesn't do well with that. The brush fans out and the ends get stiff and clump together and it doesn't do a good job, so please look past the messy clean up of this one :P



The polishes I used were Sinful Colors, Snow Me White, China Glaze, Red Satin and Zoya PixieDust, Dahlia.

I found these beautiful water decals at Walmart for about $3 and had to try them out! But honestly, I was about to give up and throw them away after the first 2-3 tries because I wasted a whole sheet. I haven't used water decals in years! And even then the water decals I have used have never been full nail decals, so this was really hard for me to get the hang of…If you check out my middle finger you can see that there is a weird red blob on the side of my nail…that was supposed to be a heart :S The other thing I don't like is that the words are backwards. Idk if they're really meant to be like that or if I somehow put them on wrong but I don't like it….Other than that I am very pleased with how this design turned out! Which I'm so glad it did because it wasn't easy haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment